Edward Miner Lamont Jr. (born January 3, 1954) is an American businessman and politician serving as the 89th governor of Connecticut since January 9, 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, he served as a Greenwich selectman from 1987 to 1989. He ran for the U.S. Senate in 2006, defeating incumbent Senator Joe Lieberman in the state Democratic primary election, but was defeated in the general election by Lieberman, who then ran as a third-party candidate.
Ned Lamont Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2021, Ned Lamont age is 66 years old.
- How tall is Ned Lamont? He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is light brown and has light brown hair as well.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Ned Lamont Wiki
|Real Name||Edward Miner Lamont Jr.|
|Nick Name||Ned Lamont|
|Born||January 3, 1954|
|Age||66 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||89th governor of Connecticut|
|Birthplace||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Parents||Father: Edward Miner Lamont
Mother: Camille Helene
|Spouse/ Wife||Ann Huntress (m. 1983)|
|Children||(3) Emily, Lindsay, and Teddy|
|Education||1. Harvard University (BA)
2. Yale University (MBA)
|Net Worth||Approx $200 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Read Also : Justin Trudeau (Politician) Wiki, Bio
Read Also: John Carney (Politician) Wiki, Bio
Ned Lamont Wife
- As of 2020, Ned Lamont is married with Ann Huntress.
- On September 10, 1983, Lamont married Ann Huntress, a venture capitalist and managing partner at Oak Investment Partners.
- They have three children named, Emily, Lindsay, and Teddy.
- He and his family live in Greenwich and have a vacation home in North Haven, Maine.
- The Lamont Gallery on the campus of Phillips Exeter Academy and the Lamont Library at Harvard University are both named in honor of his family
Ned Lamont Bio, Family & Education
- Lamont was born on January 3, 1954, in Washington, D.C., to Camille Helene (née Buzby) and Edward Miner Lamont.
- His mother was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico to parents from the U.S. mainland.
- Later, she worked as a staffer for Senator Estes Kefauver.
- His father, an economist, worked on the Marshall Plan and then served in the Department of Housing and Urban Development during the Nixon administration.
- He is the great-grandson of former J. P. Morgan & Co. chair Thomas W. Lamont and a grand-nephew of former American Civil Liberties Union director Corliss Lamont.
- He is a distant descendant of colonial diarist Thomas Minor, from whom he gets his middle name.
- Lamont’s family moved to Laurel Hollow on Long Island when he was seven years old.
- The eldest of three children, he and his sisters attended East Woods School.
- As per Ned education, he attended Phillips Exeter Academy, and served as president of the student newspaper, The Exonian.
- After graduating from Phillips Exeter in 1972, he earned a Bachelor of Arts in sociology from Harvard College in 1976 and a Master of Business Administration from the Yale School of Management in 1980.
Read Also : Ivana Bacik (Politician) Wiki, Bio
Ned Lamont Career
- As of 2021, Ned Lamont net worth is estimated around $200 million USD.
- Lamont, home is a $7 million, 8,300-square-foot colonial behind bushy evergreens and a high, deer-proof fence on a secluded, private cul de sac in mid-country Greenwich.
- Lamont’s eight bathrooms became a point of contention during the primary.
- The adjoining two-acre, $1.6 million parcel, was added for privacy.
- A few miles away, along Long Island Sound, a slick 22-foot Mako power boat is docked.
- In 2005 Ned and Ann Lamont bought 32 acres at 0 Lakewood Drive and 23 acres at 0 Northrup Street in Bridgewater, near Lake Lillinonah.
- Each of the vacant lots sold for $2.2 million, according to the town tax assessor.
- Stefanowski’s could be called “upper-management wealth.” Industry analyses suggest he earned an estimated $2 million-plus a year and millions in stock options as a division-level corporate executive during much of his career, before rising to a CEO position at a payday loan company, Dollar Financial Group, in London.
- His wife, Amy Stefanowski, is a Realtor who has rented at least one of the shoreline houses, on the private Soundview Avenue, for up to $5,000 a week in the summer.
- Lamont’s inherited wealth and investment income — going back more than 100 years to his great-grandfather Thomas W. Lamont, a top New York banker — is an entirely different level of money. When he ran for U.S. Senate in 2006, he estimated his wealth at between $90 million and $300 million. His wife, Annie Lamont, is an executive with a multi-billion-dollar venture-capital and private-equity firm who as recently as 2014 was listed by Forbes magazine as one of the nation’s top tech investors.
Facts about Ned Lamont
- Lamont initially supported Chris Dodd’s presidential campaign.
- In March 2008, he was elected as a state delegate to the 2008 Democratic National Convention, his support pledged to Obama.
- He announced his candidacy for the 2010 gubernatorial election, in 2010.
- In a survey conducted in the last quarter of 2019, he was ranked the fourth most unpopular governor in the United States, with a 51% disapproval rating and a 32% approval rating.
- With COVID-19 cases rising quickly in Connecticut and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommending vaccinated people wear masks in parts of the country with high transmission, Gov. Ned Lamont faces a series of choices.
Read Also : Jeff Zucker (Politician) Wiki, Bio