Megan Leavey is a United States Marine Corps Veteran who served as a Military Police K9 handler. She formed a powerful bond with her dog partner, Rex. Together, they completed over 100 missions in Iraq detecting explosives and saving countless lives.
Their extraordinary teamwork earned them numerous awards making Megan and Rex an inspiration to many within and outside the military. After leaving the military, Megan’s story was turned into a biographical war drama film titled “Megan Leavey”. Learn more about Megan Leavey’s husband by reading the below article.
Megan Leavey Biography
Megan Leavey was born on October 28, 1983, in Valley Cottage, New York. She served in the United States Marine Corps from 2003 to 2007 achieving the rank of Corporal. She participated in the Iraq War and received several awards for their service, including the Purple Heart, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (2) with V Device and Combat Action Ribbon.
Who Is Her Husband?
Megan Leavey might be married now but she has not shared any details about her husband. She also not hinted about her boyfriend.
Megan Leavey’s Dog: Rex
Rex was a dual certified dog which means he was a bomb detection dog first of all. He was trained to sniff out a bunch of different explosives. His acute sense of smell was incredible. His loyalty to Megan kept the safety of countless lives as he tirelessly worked to locate and neutralize potential threats.
He performs his defensive duties as well because he was a police dog. Leavey clarified, “He can do either or at any given time,” and said that Rex’s abilities inspired her to “get on his level.”
Also Read: Loren Allred Husband
Megan Leavey Facts
- In Dec 2007, Megan Leavey first sought to adopt Rex before she was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps.
- She attended and completed the Military Police school in San Antonio, Texas.
- Megan Leavey, a 2017 biographical film revolved around Leavey and Rex.
- Kate Mara plays Leavey who made a brief appearance as “Female Drill Instructor #3” in the movie.
- She received the Genesis Legacy Medal in 2019 from the National Purple Heart Honour Mission, one of two recipients of the award.