Mariah Carey is an American popular pop artist who gained fame for hits like “Vision of Love,” “Touch My Body” and “Shake It Off.” She became Colombia Records’ top recording artist in the early 1990s and her 1995 single “One Sweet Day” with Boyz II Men set a record by spending 16 weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Carey rose to prominence in 1990 with her eponymous debut album, which remains her best-selling record. She was the first artist to have five singles from her first album peak at number one on the Billboard Hot 100, beginning with “Vision of Love” and ending with “Emotions.” Explore more about Mariah Carey‘s wiki, bio, age, height, weight, net worth, career and many more facts about her.
Mariah Carey Age
How tall is Mariah Carey? She was born on March 27, 1969 in Long Island, NY. She is 52 years old, as of 2022. She holds American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity.
Mariah Carey Height, Weight & Measurements
How tall is Mariah Carey? She is a beautiful woman with a perfect and fit body. She has dark brown hair and dazzling brown eyes. However, this gorgeous lady stands at a good height of 5 feet and 6 inches. Moreover, this health-conscious lady weighs around 55 kilograms. Talking about her body measurements, her breast, waist, and hip sizes are 34 inches, 24 inches, and 35 inches respectively. She wears a bra cup size of 34 BB.
Mariah Carey Net Worth
How much is the net worth of Mariah Carey? With sales of over 220 million records worldwide, Carey is one of the best-selling music artists of all time. Nineteen of her songs have topped the Billboard Hot 100.
An inductee of the Songwriters Hall of Fame, she is noted for inspiring other artists in R&B and was one of the first artists to popularize hip hop into popular music. Her net worth is estimated to be $5 million, as of 2022.
Mariah Carey Films List
- The Bachelor (1999)
- Glitter (2001)
- WiseGirls (2002)
- Death of a Dynasty (2003)
- State Property 2 (2005)
- Tennessee (2008)
- You Don’t Mess with the Zohan (2008)
- Precious (2009)
- The Butler (2013)
- A Christmas Melody (2015)
- Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016)
- The Keys of Christmas (2016)
- The Lego Batman Movie (2017)
- Girls Trip (2017)
- The Star (2017)
- All I Want for Christmas Is You (2017)
- Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special (2020)
Mariah Carey Boyfriend
Mariah Carey married Tom Mottola in June 1993 and divorced him in March 1998. She next married Nick Cannon on April 30, 2008. She and Nick had a son named Moroccan before splitting up in 2014. In 2016, she began seeing Bryan Tanaka.
Mariah Carey Career
After eleven years at the top of the Billboard Hot 100, Carey left Columbia and signed a $100 million recording contract with Virgin Records in 2001.
Her highly watched mental and emotional collapse, as well as the failure of her film Glitter (2001) and soundtrack, resulted in her signing a deal worth $28 million with Virgin and signing with Island Records the following year.
After a modest run, Carey returned with The Emancipation of Mimi (2005), which became the most successful album in the United States and the world’s second-bestselling LP of 2005.
Its second single, “We Belong Together,” topped the US Billboard Hot 100 decade-end chart (2000s).
After playing the role of Stella in Precious, she won the Breakthrough Actress Performance Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
Carey’s following tasks have included serving as a judge on American Idol, starring in Mariah’s World, and appearing in The Butler (2013), A Christmas Melody (2015), and The Lego Batman Movie (2017). She has also written her 2020 autobiography The Meaning of Mariah Carey.
Mariah Carey Facts
- Mariah Carey was born on March 27, 1969, in Huntington, New York.
- Her name derives from the song “They Call the Wind Maria,” which first appeared in the 1951 Broadway musical Paint Your Wagon.
- Her mother, Patricia (née Hickey), was a former opera singer and vocal coach of Irish descent, while her father, Alfred Roy Carey, was an aeronautical engineer of African-American and Afro-Venezuelan heritage.
- Francisco Núñez’s family rejected him after he migrated to New York and took on the name Carey.
- Racial tensions prevented the Carey family from integrating into their community.
- While living in Huntington, neighbors poisoned the family dog and set fire to their car.
- Carey’s father had little contact with her after their parents’ divorce, and her mother worked several jobs to provide for the family.
- Carey spent a lot of time alone at home as a youngster, and she began performing at three years old, imitating her mother’s take on Verdi’s opera Rigoletto in Italian.
- Morgan remained with his mom, while Mariah stayed with her father.