Lin-Manuel Miranda is a popular Singer, composer, and rapper who created the Broadway musicals ‘In the Heights and Hamilton’. In 2018, he’d star as Jack in Mary Poppins Returns, and in 2019, he’d begin starring in HBO’s His Dark Materials.
He has received multiple Tony Awards and the 2016 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album for Hamilton. He started his musical career in a comedy hip hop group called Freestyle Love Supreme. He has written and released independent films as well, including Clayton’s Friends in 1996.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Height & Weight
How tall is Lin-Manuel Miranda? He has to keep himself fit, healthy, and in perfect shape. The American actor has a good height of 5 feet 9 inches or else 1.7 m or 170 cm. Similarly, Lin-Manuel Miranda has a suitable bodyweight of around 73 kg or 162 lbs.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Wife
Here’s everything else you need to know about Lin-Manuel Miranda’s wife, Vanessa Nadal. Miranda married Vanessa Nadal, a high school friend, in 2010. At the wedding reception, Miranda, along with the wedding party, performed the Fiddler on the Roof song “To Life”. The video has been viewed more than six million times on YouTube.
They welcomed a son named Sebastian in November of 2014. In February 2018, they welcomed a second son named Francisco. The inspiration for what eventually became Hamilton was Miranda reading Ron Chernow’s biography of Alexander Hamilton.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Family
Miranda’s Puerto Rican parents often played Broadway cast albums in their home in New York City’s Inwood neighborhood as he was growing up. Miranda’s father, a political consultant, and his mother, a clinical psychologist, put both him and his sister in piano lessons and encouraged him to start performing in student productions at a young age. As of education, Miranda went on to attend Wesleyan University.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Career
Following the successful two-year run of “In the Heights,” Miranda adapted the biography of Hamilton into a hit musical. Miranda innovatively set the musical to an unconventional blend of musical theater and hip-hop sounds.
“Hamilton” first opened at New York’s nonprofit Public Theater in 2015, before moving to Broadway later that year. Since leaving the “Hamilton” cast in 2016, Miranda has earned money composing music for high-profile films including “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Moana”. In 2018, he also starred in Disney’s film “Mary Poppins Returns”. Miranda is also slated to direct “Tick, Tick … Boom!”
Miranda’s first musical, “In the Heights” has also been turned into a feature film slated for release in 2021. These gigs likely earned Miranda several extra million dollars, but exactly how much is unknown yet.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Wiki
|Real Name||Lin-Manuel Miranda|
|Age||41 years old (As of 2021)|
|Date of Birth (DOB),|
|January 16, 1980|
|Profession||composer, lyricist, actor, singer, rapper, producer,
|Famous For||For creating and starring in the Broadway musicals
In the Heights and Hamilton
|Birthplace||New York City, NY|
|Current Residence||California, United States|
|Height/ Tall||Feet & Inches: 5'9"
Centimetres: 170 cm
Meters: 1.70 m
|Weight||Kilograms: 73 Kg
Pounds: 162 lbs
|Biceps Size||19 Inches|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Parents||Father: Dr. Luz Towns-Miranda
Mother: Luis A. Miranda
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known
|Previous Dating?||Not Known|
|Wife/ Spouse||Vanessa Nadal|
|Children||Son: Sebastian, Francisco
|University||Hunter College High School|
|School||Hunter College Elementary School|
|Net Worth||Approx U.S. $80 million|
|Favorite Actress||Emma Watson|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Greece|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Singing, Gymming|
|Social Media Account|
|Social Media Account Links||Facebook, Twitter|
Lin-Manuel Miranda Net Worth
How much is Lin-Manuel Miranda Worth? He has a net worth of $80 million. He is best known for starring in and creating the Broadway musicals In the ‘Heights and Hamilton’. Hamilton is one of the most profitable musicals of all time, according to Playbill. As of April 2018, the show grossed $340,322,025, per Playbill more than “Mary Poppins,” “Hairspray,” “Rent,” and “Kinky Boots.” On top of that, the production sold $15 million in merchandise in its first 10 months alone.
Miranda makes $105,000 every week in royalties from “Hamilton” alone, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The exact amount of Miranda’s actor salary is unknown, but The New York Times reported in 2016 that a Broadway performer’s base salary was around $1,900 a week, with lead stars often making more than that. And leads can also expect to see a salary increase of another $500 per week when a hit show is nominated for a Tony, MONEY reported the same year.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Age
Lin-Manuel Miranda age is 41 years old, as of 2021. In addition, he was born in New York City and raised in the neighborhood of Inwood.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Facts
- Miranda’s work has also won him a Pulitzer Prize, an Emmy, three Tonys, and three Grammys.
- Disney paid $75 million for the rights to the “Hamilton” film in February 2020 in what is believed to be one of the largest film acquisitions ever, per Deadline.
- Miranda bought a three-bedroom, two-bathroom penthouse apartment in a co-op with his father after winning his first Tony for “In the Heights” in 2008.
- The unit has views of the Manhattan skyline from its wraparound terrace and is just blocks from one of Miranda’s favorite hangouts, Inwood Hill Park.
- In 2013, Miranda and his wife, lawyer Vanessa Nadal, opted to live in Midtown Manhattan, and his parents occupied the Inwood apartment until it was sold for $780,000.
- The apartment hit the market again in January 2018 for $949,000.
- Miranda bought two more prewar apartments in a Washington Heights apartment complex for $2.5 million in 2017.
- Miranda lives a relatively modest lifestyle outside of his apartment, and even still rides the subway.
- He has also supported the arts and the Latinx community in America, which has included pledging $1 million to provide scholarships for students of color at the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center’s National Theater Institute.
- His favorite Disney character is Bruni from Frozen 2.
- He likes mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- He likes snow but hates the rain.
- He likes fizzy drinks.
- He isn’t a picky eater, but he can’t take spicy food well as he sweats and pants when he does.
- Nadal describes herself as an “attorney, engineer, profesora,” on her Twitter acount.