Joseph David Keery popularly known as Joe Keery is well known actor for playing the role of Steve Harrington in famous Netflix produced web series Stranger Things. He was born on April 24, 1992, in Newburyport, Massachusetts. Here parents are David Keery, an architect and Nina Keery, a Professor of English. Other than him, he has four siblings. He graduated from The Theatre School at Chicago’s De Paul University in 2014.He is well known face for a stereotypical high school jerk character as he played in the mos famous web series. Along side acting, Joe loves to play guitar for the garage and psycho-rock band, Post Animal. Other than all this, he has million of fan following on his social media platforms.
Joe Keery Quick Facts
|Real Name||Joseph David Keery|
|Born||April 24, 1992|
|Age||27 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||Playing Steve on Stranger Things|
|Birthplace||Newburyport, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Residence||Los Angeles, USA|
|Ethnicity||Caucasian, English and Irish Roots|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'11"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Thomas R. Keery II
Mother: Laura Keery
|Education (Alma Mater)||DePaul University (BFA)|
|Net Worth||Approx $7 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Salary||$30,000 per episode of TV series Stranger Things|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter|
Joe Keery Career
- Joe Keery is best known for his role as Steve Harrington on Netflix’s Stranger Things.
- Joe Keery has played Steve Harrington on Stranger Things since the show premiered in 2016.
- Initially, Steve Harrington was supposed to have a one season arc, but the Duffer Brothers liked Joe so much, they kept his character alive and gave Steve the opportunity to redeem himself in season 2.
- Joe has played Steve since 2016, but has appeared in other projects, including a band, Post Animal.
- Joe Kerry won screen actors Guild Awards for outstanding performance by an ensemble in a drama series Stranger Things.
Joe Keery Early & Education
- Keery was born on April 24, 1992, in Newburyport, Massachusetts, to parents David and Nina Keery, an architect and Professor of English.
- He is the second of five children and grew up with sisters Caroline, Lizzy, Kate, and Emma.
- Keery was raised in Newburyport and attended River Valley Charter School, a local Montessori elementary and middle school, and Newburyport High School.
- When he was young, he participated in Theater in the Open, a performing arts camp at Maudslay State Park, but ultimately began acting in high school, initially performing there at his older sister’s insistence.
- Keery went on to study at the Theatre School at DePaul University and graduated in 2014 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting.
Joe Keery Career
- After graduating from DePaul, Keery went to over a hundred auditions.
- Before his breakout role in Stranger Things, Keery appeared in a KFC, Domino’s, and amiibo commercial, and had roles in Empire and Chicago Fire.
- His first appearance in a full-length film was in Stephen Cone’s indie, Henry Gamble’s Birthday Party.
- In late 2015, Keery was cast in Stranger Things.
- He initially auditioned for the role of Jonathan, but later sent in a tape for his character, Steve.
- The first season of the show was released on Netflix on July 15, 2016.
- He was promoted from recurring cast to a series regular for the second season of Stranger Things, which premiered on October 27, 2017.
- Keery reprised his role for the third season, released on July4, 2019.
- Aside from acting, Keery is also a musician.
- He is one of the guitarists for Chicago-based garage and psych-rock band Post Animal. heir debut full-length album was released in October 2015.
- The band’s sophomore album, “When I Think Of You In A Castle”, was released in April 2018 and saw Keery contributing his guitar playing as well as vocals.
- As of 2019, Keery is no longer a touring member of the band.
- On July 19, 2019, Keery self-released the single “Roddy” as a solo artist under the moniker Djo.
- Keery released a second single on August 9, 2019, titled “Chateau (Feel Alright)” under the same moniker.
- On September 13, 2019, Keery released his debut album as Djo, Twenty Twenty.
- In his early twenties, Keery released music under the name “Cool Cool Cool”.
Joe Keery Girlfriend
- Keery has been very private about his romantic life.
- Maika Monroe is the only girl he’s been linked to for now.
- The two make a very stunning couple. Their relationship was only confirmed that October of 2017, the two had admitted that they had been dating since May of that year.
- The duo have never posted a photo of the other on their respective Instagram accounts, making it clear that they want their romance out of the spotlight.
- However, this hasn’t discouraged them from letting the media know that they’re together.
- The two regularly go on dates and have no problem with public displays of affection.
- Monroe has lived quite the life. In addition to having an acting career of her own, she is also a professional kiteboarder.
Joe Keery Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Joe Keery age is 27 years old.
- Joe Keery stands at a height of 1.8 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall.
- He has a body weight of 163 lbs i.e. 74 kg.
- He has had dark brown eyes and his hair color is dark brown.
- He has slim body build.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Joe Keery Net Worth
- As of 2020, Joe Keery net worth is estimated around $7 million USD.
- The actor’s salary on the hit TV series was estimated to be somewhere around $150,000 per episode.
- This figure was expected to go up with the just-released third season of the series.
- Keery’s salary per episode is not fully known at the moment. However, his net worth is about $2 million.
- He makes around $30,000 per episode of TV series Stranger Things.
Facts about Joe Keery
- He does preform in a band these days. Joe Keery musical band name is Post Animal.
- They have a base in Chicago, Illinois and they are a rock ‘n’ roll band.
- Apart from Joe Keery (guitar), other members of Post Animal are Dalton Allison who plays bass, Jake Hirshland who plays both guitar and keys, Javi Reyes and Matt Williams (both guitars) and Wes Toledo (drums).
- He has an immense fan following on his social media platforms as well.
- He is a pet lover as well.