IU real name is Lee Ji-eun (born May 16, 1993) is a South Korean singer, songwriter and actress. In 2007, she signed with Kakao M formerly known as LOEN Entertainment as a trainee and debuted as a singer at the age of fifteen with her album, Lost and Found. Till date, IU has won eleven Melon Music Awards, nine Gaon Chart Music Awards, five Korean Music Awards, five Mnet Asian Music Awards, five Seoul Music Awards, and three Golden Disc Awards. Other than this, she has million of followers under her Instagram account. Link in IU’s Bio!
IU Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- IU age is 27 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 3 inches tall.
- She weighs around 47 Kg or 103 lbs.
- Her body measurements are 32-26-35 inches.
- She wears a bra cup size of 30 C .
- She wears a shoe size of 5 US.
- She has black eyes and has black hair.
- She has curvaceous, seductive and hot figure.
- She is a fitness freak as well.
- She has shiny and glowing skin.
IU Boyfriend & Dating
- Currently, IU is single and enjoying her life at the fullest.
- In 2013, IU has met Chang Kiha and started dating for 4 years.
- Later, she officially broken up in 2017 January due to their personal issues.
- For some time their, on and off relationship was going on but decided to call it quits permanently.
- They had an age gap difference of 11 years.
- She want a boyfriend like, “It’s just like other people, whenever a cool person comes out on TV, my ideal type of man change.” Before she use to say Taeyang, I Always Had Big Bang’s Taeyang In My Heart”
IU Quick Bio
|Real Name||Lee Ji-eun|
|Born||May 16, 1993|
|Age||27 years old|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Actress|
|Famous For||Billboard magazine's 100
Greatest K-Pop Songs of the 2010s
Seoul, South Korea
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'3"|
|Weight||Approx 47 Kg
|Bra Cup Size||30 C|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||5 (US)|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
Sister: Not Known
|Previous Dating?||Chang Kiha|
|Education||Dongduk Girls' High School|
|School||Local High School|
|Social Media Account|
|Social Account Links||Instagram, Facebook, Twitter|
IU Net Worth
- IU net worth is estimated around $50 Million USD.
- Her primary source of income is her singing career.
- She is one of the highest-earning celebrities in South Korea
- She also earns from her brand endorsements and sponsors.
- Her advertising revenue on YouTube for the biggest stars range from $10- $20 Million.
|Net Worth||Approx $50|
|Endorsements Income||Approx $10 – $20 |
IU Early Life & Education
- IU was born on May 16, 1993, in Songjeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea.
- She holds Korean nationality.
- She belongs to mixed ethinicity.
- At an early age, IU became interested in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry.
- Later, she began attending acting classes.
- Soon after her elementary school years, her family’s financial situation deteriorated.
- Then on her family moved to the nearby Uijeongbu in Gyeonggi Province.
- She has siblings as well.
- She has a younger brother.
- He lived apart from their parents in a studio room with her grandmother and cousins for over a year in conditions of great poverty.
- Over this period, IU had little contact with her parents.
- She spent that year of her life wit her grandmother’s care.
- As per her educational qualifications, during her middle school years, IU found her passion for singing and decided to become a singer after being applauded for a performance she gave at her school’s sports competition.
- She attended 20 auditions but failed all of them, and was also scammed by fake entertainment companies.
- IU used to train at Good Entertainment with Uee, Yubin, Heo Ga-yoon, and Jun Hyoseong.
- In 2007, after signing with LOEN Entertainment, she moved to Bangbae, Seoul.
- In 2008, she made her solo debut after ten months of training.
- Due to her living conditions at the time, IU stated that she “loved being at the studio”, where she could eat as much as she wanted and had a place to sleep.
- Her stage name “IU”, deriving it from the phrase “I and You” to symbolize the unifying force of music between people.
- Her singing career, at a very small age, led to her decreased attendance at school and declining grades.
- Finally, in 2012, after graduating from Dongduk Girls’ High School, IU decided not to pursue post-secondary education in tandem with her singing career.
- As per her career, in 2008, she launched her career by her single named, “Lost Child”.
- She launched her first studio album, Growing Up, with the lead promotional single, “Boo”, in 2009.
- She released “Nagging”, a duet which she recorded with 2AM’s Lim Seul-ong, in 2010.
- In 2011, she took on various side-projects after the end of Dream High.
- She released her main single titled, “You and I”, in 2012.
- IU started 2013 by taking on her first leading role in a television series, playing the title role in You’re the Best, Lee Soon-shin.
- Her sixth Korean extended-play album and first cover album, A Flower Bookmark released in 2014.
- IU starred alongside Kim Soo-hyun, Cha Tae-hyun, and Gong Hyo-jin in The Producers, in 2015.
- She starred as the lead role, Hae Soo, in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, in 2016.
- In 2017, she published her fourth studio album, Palette.
- She released a single titled “Bbibbi” in October 2018.
- Billboard magazine listed “Bbibbi” at number 87 on its list of “Best Songs of 2018”.
- She made her film debut in the Netflix anthology series Persona, in 2019.
- She released the single “Eight” featuring and produced by BTS’s Suga, in 2020.
- In 2010, her growing popularity led to her first endorsement deals with Crown Confectionery’s MyChew candy.
- She was chosen for her “simple and innocent image” to endorse the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, “Alicia: The Story of My Horse and I”.
- IU became the face of Samsung Anycall and Samsung Galaxy S II, as well.
- She was featured in commercials for the Chinese cosmetic brand, Qdsuh.
- In 2015, she became an endorsement model for Unionbay Sportswear.
- She has million of followers under her Instagram account.
- She is a pet lover and also loves doing charity work.
- She’s known for being very nice to her fans. A student fan who spotted IU at a restaurant said she gladly welcomed her and gave her an autograph telling her to stay healthy and study hard.
- She is very close friend with Suzy and with Jiyeon of T-ara.
- IU is also close to APink’s Eunji.
- She was honoured at the 2015 Pop Culture & Arts Awards as well.
- She loves playing guitar.
- Purple us her favorite color.