The United Kingdom’s Armed Forces Day is a yearly event that takes place in the second week of June to commemorate the men and women who served in the British military. Observed for the first time in 2006, Veterans’ Day honors veterans. Although it is an official event, it is not a public holiday in the United Kingdom. In 2009, the name was changed to Armed Forces Day. June 29 has so far been observed as Armed Forces Day in the United States.
Armed Forces Day is celebrated in the United Kingdom on the last Sunday in June. It is a day to show support for the men and women who make up the British Armed Forces. The day was first held in 2006, and has been held annually since then. It is an opportunity for communities across the UK to come together and show their support for the Armed Forces community. What Is UK Armed Forces Day: Motivational Quotes For The Day.
UK Armed Forces Day Events And Celebrations
There are a number of events and activities that take place on Armed Forces Day. These include parades, concerts, fairs, and other celebrations. The day is also an opportunity for people to learn more about the work of the Armed Forces and to meet some of the men and women who serve in them.
If you would like to show your support for the Armed Forces on Armed Forces Day, there are a number of ways you can do so. You can attend one of the many events that are taking place across the UK, or you can simply show your support by wearing a red poppy. No matter how you choose to show your support, Armed Forces Day is a day to remember and honor the men and women who serve our country.
Read Also: Special Happy Mother’s Day Quotes
Motivational Quotes For The Day
- “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”-Paulo Coelho
- “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” –Aristotle
- “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” –Albert Einstein
- “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I … I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.” -Robert Frost
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” -Jimmy Dean
- “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” -Jim Rohn
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” -Zig Ziglar
- “If you live through suffering and write about it, the very shape of your experience changes.” -Mark Doty
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” – Dalai Lama XIV
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”-Steve Jobs
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” -Winston Churchill
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” -Walt Disney
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. D
- “Their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.” – Daniel Webster
- “You can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” –Ronald Reagan
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” -John Quincy Adams
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” -Coco Chanel
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” -Rosa Parks
Read Also: George Carlin Quotes