Kimberly Kay Reynolds (born August 4, 1959) is a classy and bold American politician serving as the 43rd and current Governor of Iowa since 2017. She is a member of the Republican Party and is the first female Governor of Iowa. Formerly, she served as the 46th Lieutenant Governor of Iowa from 2011 to 2017. Before she was elected Lieutenant Governor, Reynolds served as Clarke County Treasurer for four terms and then served in the Iowa Senate from 2009 to 2011. In May 2017, she became Governor of Iowa when her predecessor, Terry Branstad, stepped down to become United States Ambassador to China. Other than this, in 2018, Reynolds won a full term as governor gubernatorial election as well.
Kim Reynolds Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Kim Reynolds age is 60 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 6 inches tall.
- Her body measurements are not known.
- She weighs around 60 Kg.
- Her eye color is hazel and the hair color is light brown.
- She wears a shoe size of 6 UK.
Kim Reynolds Net Worth & Salary
- As of 2020, Kim Reynolds net worth is estimated around $300 million USD.
- Her salary is $130,000.
- Her primary source of income is her political career.
Kim Reynolds Husband
- Reynolds married Kevin Reynolds in 1982.
- As of 2020, the Reynoldses have three daughters named, Jennifer, Nicole and Jessica and nine grandchildren.
- Currently, she resides at Terrace Hill, USA.
Kim Reynolds Quick Facts
|Real Name||Kimberly Kay Reynolds|
|Born||August 4, 1959|
|Age||60 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||43rd Governor of Iowa|
|Birthplace||St. Charles, Iowa, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'6"|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Husband||Kevin Reynolds (m. 1982)|
|Children||(3) Jennifer, Nicole and Jessica|
|Education||1. Northwest Missouri State University
2. Upper Iowa University
3. Iowa State University (BLS)
|Net Worth||Approx $300 Million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Kim Reynolds Early Life & Education
- Kim Reynolds was born on August 4, 1959 in St. Charles, Iowa, U.S.
- She holds American nationality.
- As per her education, she attended high school at the Interstate 35 Community School District and graduated in 1977.
- She dropped out of college after one semester.
- Later, she took classes at Southeastern Community College in the late 1980s, and then took accounting classes at Southwestern Community College between 1992 and 1995.
- She did not earn a degree from any of these institutions.
- In 2016, Reynolds received a Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree from Iowa State University.
Kim Reynolds Political Career
- Reynolds became governor of Iowa upon the resignation of Governor Terry Branstad, in 2017.
- She is the first female governor of Iowa.
- In 2018, following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Obergefell v. Hodges (2015), Reynolds described same-sex marriage as a “settled” issue.
- In 2019, Reynolds signed a bill into law requiring public universities to protect the “fullest degree of intellectual freedom and free expression.”
- She expanded upon previous Covid-19 disaster proclamations to halt non-essential surgeries and dental procedures, in Maech, 2020.
- She refuses to implement stay-at-home order, claiming Dr. Anthony Fauci “doesn’t have all the facts”, on 3 April, 2020.
- She good friend Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith teamed with TestUtah to increase the testing rate of COVID-19 cases in Iowa with Nomi Health during the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic.
Facts about Governor Kim Reynolds
- Reynolds was twice charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, first in 1999 and again in 2000.
- She was sentenced to pay a $1,500 fine and serve 12 months of informal probation.
- In 2017, Reynolds stated that she sought inpatient treatment for alcoholism following her second arrest and that she had been sober for nearly 17 years.
- In July 2015, she was elected Chair of the National Lieutenant Governors Association (NLGA).
- In May 2018, Reynolds signed a bill that scaled back energy efficiency programs and a bill that the Des Moines Register referred to as “the most restrictive abortion ban in the nation.”
- She has an immense fan following on her social media platforms as well.
- Her personality is so bold and classy.
- Her hobbies include fishing.
- She love spending time near lakes.