James Conley Justice II (born April 27, 1951) is an American coal mining and agriculture businessman and politician serving as the 36th governor of West Virginia since 2017. He is the wealthiest person in West Virginia, with a net worth of around $1.9 billion. He inherited a coal mining business from his father and built a business empire with over 94 companies, including the Greenbrier, a luxury resort.
Jim Justice Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Jim Justice age is 68 years old.
- He stands on a height of 6 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Jim Justice Salary & Net Worth
- As of 2020, Jim Justice net worth is estimated around $1.5 billion.
- James C. Justice II is many things.
- He is a coal mining billionaire as well.
- He is the 36th governor of West Virginia. He owns (along with his kids) some 100 companies.
- He is also a man who has a hard time paying the bills.
- Since 2016 courts have ordered Justice and his companies to pay more than $10 million to more than a dozen suppliers, workers and government entities.
- Over the same time, his companies also piled up $13 million-plus in tax liens.
- He claims to have paid off many of these. Still looming, another $60 million in potential damages in a civil case awaiting final judgment, plus up to $3 million in fines in Kentucky.
- In 2009, Justice sold Bluestone and its 725 million tons of reserves to Mechel for $436 million in cash, a chunk of preferred stock, plus the assumption of more than $100 million in debt.
- On top of all that, the Russians were contractually on the hook to buy additional coal from Justice.
- He found reserves that he said were worth $165 million. Mechel balked, claiming the coal was worth only $25 million.
Jim Justice Wife
- As of 2020, Jim Justice is married with Cathy Comer, in 1975.
- He met his wife, Cathy in high school.
- They have two children, Jay and Jill.
- Justice is a lifelong fan of the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL), and spent $30 million to develop a training facility for the team to use in 2014 at the Greenbrier.
- Until 2019, he hosted the Greenbrier Classic, a PGA Tour event, at the Greenbrier annually.
Jim Justice Quick Facts
|Real Name||James Conley Justice II|
|Born||April 27, 1951|
|Age||68 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||36th Governor of West Virginia|
|Political party||1. Republican (before 2015, 2017–present)
2. Democratic (2015–2017)
|Birthplace||Charleston, West Virginia, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 6'7"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: James Conley Justice
Mother: Edna Ruth Justice
|Spouse/ Wife||Cathy Comer (m. 1975)|
|Children||(2) Jay and Jill|
|Education||1. University of Tennessee
2. Marshall University (BA, MBA)
|Net Worth||Approx US$1.6 billion (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Jim Justice Early Life & Education
- Jim Justice was born on April 27, 1951, Charleston, West Virginia, U.S.
- He is the son of James Conley Justice and Edna Ruth Justice.
- Justice grew up in Raleigh County, West Virginia.
- He enrolled at the University of Tennessee on an athletic scholarship for golf, but transferred to Marshall University.
- At Marshall, he was a two-year captain on the Thundering Herd golf team.
- As per his education, he earned his bachelor’s degree and Master in Business Administration from Marshall.
Jim Justice Career
- As per his career, in 2015, Justice declared his candidacy for Governor of West Virginia in the 2016 election as a member of the Democratic Party.
- He had been a registered member of the Republican Party until changing his registration in February 2015.
- This was his first time running for political office.
- In May 2016, Justice won the Democratic nomination for governor and ran against Republican nominee Bill Cole in the general election.
- On November 8, Justice won the election.
- Justice was endorsed by the United Mine Workers.
Facts about Jim Justice
- Justice began his gubernatorial campaign and political career as a conservative Democrat.
- Currently, he lives in Lewisburg, West Virginia.
- He is being sued about his residency by state house assistant minority whip Isaac Sponaugle, on the basis that Justice is not actually living in the West Virginia Governor’s Mansion in Charleston.
- The state constitution requires the governor to “reside at the seat of government,” Charleston.
- The lawsuit is now before the West Virginia State Supreme Court.