James Westley Welch was the first husband of Raquel Welch, an American actress and model. They are high school sweetheart and Raquel assumed his last name and kept it throughout her life. After her separation from James Welch, Raquel moved with her two children to Dallas, Texas, where she made a “precarious living” as a model for Neiman Marcus and as a cocktail waitress.
James Westley Welch Wiki
James Westley Welch keeps himself away from spotlight. He had two daughters with Raquel Welch whose name is, Tahnee born who was born on December 26, 1961 and Damon. After separation, She took their two children and headed to Los Angeles to pursue acting.
Duo got together long enough to have a daughter named after his mom, Tahnee, on December 26, 1961. After separation, Raquel took their two children and headed to Los Angeles to pursue acting. She also wrote in her book,
“After three and a half years, I knew the only way to leave my husband was to get out of town. I had to vanish. And I did.”
|James Westley Welch||Wiki/Bio|
|Real Name||James Westley Welch|
|Famous As||First husband of Raquel Welch|
|Age||72 years old (Died)|
|Birthplace||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Children||Tahnee and Damon|
Who Is James Westley Welch?
James Westley Welch was an American writer, producer, and director. He is known for working in notable films such as, including ‘The Last Dinosaur’ and ‘The Fantastic Journey.’ He also wrote the story of ‘Star Trek’.
James Westley Welch Death
James Westley Welch died in 2000 at the age of 72. He continued to work in the entertainment industry and build a successful career that extended well beyond his personal life even after his divorce from Raquel.
Quick Facts About James Westley Welch
- James Westley Welch’s ex-wife, Raquel Welch wrote in her 2010 memoir. “Jim would be my first true love, with all that it implies”.
- In 1977, James met Raquel for the first time after the divorce which happened in 1964.
- They had both moved on and were hell-bent on building a positive co-parenting relationship for the sake of their children.
- They chose to prioritize open communication, forgiveness, and mutual respect.
- The exes hardly brought up the past.