Elize Matsunaga is a trained nurse and lawyer but is currently serving her sentence in the Tremembé Women’s Penitentiary São Paulo. She is best known as the wife of Marcos Kitano Matsunaga, who is convicted felon has been making headlines across the internet after a Netflix documentary ‘Eliza Matsunaga: Once Upon A Crime‘ captured her interview and details about the murder.
In 2012, her husband, Marcos Kitano Matsunaga, went missing from his apartment in São Paulo, Brazil. Because the 42-year-old millionaire Yoki businessman was about to close a substantial business deal, many initially suspected that he had been kidnapped. Though his wife played along with the kidnapping theory for a while, she ultimately confessed to the killing. Tune in bio and explore more about Elize Matsunaga’s case in the below article.
Elize Matsunaga Biography
Who is Elize Matsunaga? She is a Brazilian trained nurse and lawyer. She has been mentioned in various Wikipedia articles related to the murder of Marcos. She was reunited with her mother and her step-father at the age of 10. She was abused by her step-father, and the union only lasted for 5 years until she ran at the age of 15. In her early 20’s, Matsunaga turned to prostitution for her college fees as she wanted to become a lawyer.
Elize Matsunaga Age
How old is Elize Matsunaga? She is in her 30s. Her exact date of birth is not known. She holds American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity.
Elize Matsunaga Now
Where is Elize Matsunaga now? She pled guilty to murdering her husband and to concealing a corpse, in December of 2016. She was sentenced to 19 years in prison, and she began her time at the Tremembé Women’s Penitentiary. While behind bars, Elize Matsunaga learned how to sew. In 2019, it was reported by news service Istoe that Elize Matsunaga had moved to a semi-open regime, where she coordinates the sewing workshop of the Professor Doctor Manoel Pedro Pimentel Foundation (FUNAP). In 2019, her sentence was reduced because she confessed to the killing. She is now due for release in 2035. Moreover, she is yet to met her daughter.
Elize Matsunaga Height & Weight
How tall is Elize Matsunaga? She stands 5 feet 5 inches tall (165 cm). And, she weighs around 55 kg (121 lbs). Additionally. her body measurement is 34-26-36 inches respectively. Elize wears the bra size of 33 B and the shoe of 7.5 UK. Likewise, Elize has dark brown eye color and blonde hair color.
Read Also : John Meehan (Criminal) Wiki, Biography
Elize Matsunaga Wiki
|Real Name||Elize Matsunaga|
|Birthday||August 7, 1995|
|Height||approx. 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||approx. 55 Kg (121 lbs)|
|Body Measurements||approx. 34-26-36 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||33 B|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||7.5 UK|
|Husband||Marcos Kitano Matsunaga|
Elize Matsunaga Marriage & Husband
Who was the husband of Elize Matsunaga? She was married with Marcos Kitano Matsunaga. Prior to the murder, Marcos and Elize Matsunaga had struggles in their marriage. The two had met when Marcos Matsunaga used Elize Matsunaga as an escort, a job she had taken after working as a nurse to put herself through law school. At the time, he was married to someone else. After Marcos Matsunaga got divorced, he wed Elize Matsunaga. Before the couple welcomed their daughter together, they dealt with Marcos Matsunaga’s infidelity.
Read Also : George Floyd (Murdered) Wiki, Bio
Elize Matsunaga Netflix Documentary
The Netflix documentary, Elize Matsunaga: Once Upon a Crime delves deep into Elize Matsunaga’s past. She was from a very poor background, with no father figure and an absent mother. She was raised by her grandparents and her aunt until she was 10-years-old.
Elize Matsunaga Facts
- Elize Matsunaga accepted that she killed her husband after they had an argument at dinner on the night of May 19.
- She claimed that, after he returned to the residence from picking up a pizza, he had grabbed her by the throat and he had threatened to take their daughter.
- She said that she grabbed her gun as a result, and she shot her spouse.
- Though Elize Matsunaga’s defense team claimed that she killed Marcos Matsunaga in a crime of passion because she was scared for her life, the prosecution argued that it was a premeditated killing.
- On Monday, June 4, she was arrested over her husband’s brutal murder and stood trial in 2016.
- During the trial, it was uncovered Marcos Matsunaga had been cheating on his wife.
- Elize’s defense attorney at her trial stated Marcos Matsunaga had threatened to petition for custody of their one-year-old daughter if they ended their relationship over his affair.
- They argued the killing was a “crime of passion”, as heard in the Netflix documentary Elize Matsunaga: Once Upon a Crime.
Read Also : Paula Dietz (BTK Killer Wife) Wiki, Bio