Chris Stapleton took home the award for Best Country Album at the 2022 GRAMMYs. This is Stapleton’s first win of the 2022 GRAMMYs, as well as his first win for Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song. He has previously won five Grammys.
The man behind the drums of The Fray, whom Stapleton met when they both performed in New York City, said he was a huge fan of her song “Eyes Open” and added that his 4-year-old twins were having their birthday. “So I think a lot about sacrifices because I missed out on some of their birthdays, and everyone in this room has made a sacrifice to be up here doing this,” Stapleton said. “I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m sure it hurts from time to time. We’re probably doing it for the greater good.”
The award was presented, to Brothers Osborne’s Skeletons, Mickey Guyton’s Remember Her Name, The Marfa Tapes by Miranda Lambert, Jon Randall & Jack Ingram, and Sturgill Simpson’s The Ballad Of Dood & Juanita.
In the prestigious category, they were up against Brothers Osborne’s Skeletons, Mickey Guyton’s Remember Her Name, The Marfa Tapes by Miranda Lambert, Jon Randall & Jack Ingram, and Sturgill Simpson.’ Herbert Joseph Stapleton (Chris Stapleton Father) Wiki, Bio, Son.
Chris Stapleton Father
Who is the father of Chris Stapleton? He was born in Lexington, Kentucky. His mother, Carol J. (Mace) Stapleton, worked as a health department employee, and his father, Herbert Joseph Stapleton, Jr. (1946–2013), was a coal miner. He is the eldest of three brothers: Herbert Joseph III and Melanie Brooke.
Andrew Stapleton was born and raised in the rural community of Staffordville, Kentucky, which is located on the outskirts of Paintsville, between the city and Paintsville Lake.
He graduated from Johnson Central High School as his class salutatorian and played football for the school. After a year studying engineering at Vanderbilt University, he dropped out.
Read Also: Meet Olivia Colman Parents
Herbert Joseph Stapleton Wife
Herbert Joseph Stapleton is married with Carol J. (Mace) Stapleton, worked at the local health department.
He comes from a family of coal miners. Moreover, Chris Stapleton has an older brother, Herbert Joseph III and younger sister, Melanie Brooke.
Herbert Joseph Stapleton Facts
- Herbert Joseph Stapleton was born on December 21, 1867 in Brooklyn, New York.
- He graduated from Fordham Law School in 1889.
- Stapleton began his legal career as an assistant district attorney in New York City.
- In 1897, he was appointed a judge of the New York Court of Appeals.
- He served on the court until his death in 1932.
- During his time on the court, Stapleton authored several well-known opinions, including one that upheld the constitutionality of a state law banning Sunday sports events.
- He also wrote an opinion that struck down a city ordinance prohibiting African Americans from using public swimming pools.