Charles Aaron is a well known U.S. music journalist and editor. He worked 23 years for Spin magazine. He is a well and classy writing skills.
Charles Aaron Net Worth & Salary
- As of 2020, Charles Aaron net worth is estimated around $1 Million – $5 Million.
- His primary source of income is his journalist profession.
- His exact salary is under review.
Charles Aaron Spouse
- As of 2020, Charles Aaron is married with his wife Tristin.
- He is very focused on his career as of now as well.
- His previous dating history is not known in public domain.
- Currently, Aaron lived in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, with his wife Tristin and son but moved to Durham, North Carolina, after leaving Spin magazine.
Charles Aaron Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Charles Aaron age is 40 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 11 inches tall.
- He weighs around 66 Kg.
- His body measurements are not known.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
- He has black eyes and has black hair as well.
Charles Aaron Quick Facts
|Real Name||Charles Aaron|
|Age||40 years old (As of 2020)|
|Profession||Music Journalist, Editor|
|Known For||Worked 23 years for Spin magazine|
|Birthplace||Rockingham, North Carolina|
|Residence||Asheboro, North Carolina and Rome, Georgia|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'11"|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Education||University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia|
|Net Worth||Approx $1 Million - $5 Million USD (As of 2020)|
|Salary||$3,012.75 – $5,021.25|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook (Inactive)|
Charles Aaron Awards & Honors
- In 2000, Charles Aaron and Sia Michel, both of Spin, were presented with the ASCAP-Deems Taylor Award for their coverage of Notorious B.I.G.’s career, which appeared in the magazine’s January 1998 issue.
- Also in 2000, Aaron won a National Arts Journalism Fellowship from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism.
- In 2012, the American Society of Magazine Editors named Spin’s tablet version a finalist or its Ellie Awards.
Charles Aaron Early Life & Education
- Charles Aaron was born in Rockingham, North Carolina, and raised in Asheboro, North Carolina and Rome, Georgia.
- As per his education, he attended University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia, and graduated in 1985.
Charles Aaron Career
- As per his career, after graduation in 1985, Charles Aaron began his journalism career at AdWeek and Sassy magazines.
- Before working full-time for Spin magazine, he freelanced as a music journalist at the magazine and for other publications like Rolling Stone, Village Voice, and Vibe.
- Spin, an alternative music magazine, was launched in 1985.
- Charles Aaron began as a contributor to Spin magazine around 1991 while the hip hop music genre was becoming popular with white audiences.
- In one article, he refers to himself as a “white hip hopper” and says over time he wrote many articles for the magazine in appreciation of the genre.
- He wrote his first feature about Snoop Dogg’s father for the magazine in 1993.
- He joined the staff of Spin magazine in 1996.
- He moved into his music editor roles with the magazine in 1998 and 2002.
- In 2011, Aaron was promoted to editorial director. BuzzMedia (now SpinMedia) took over the magazine 2011 making staff cuts and changes.
- That same year Spin transformed itself from 11 printed issues per year to a greater digital presence but with almost half the printed issues.
- In 2013, he became editor at large.
- Charles Aaron’s last issue with Spin magazine was February 2014.
- After leaving Spin, Aaron wrote for other magazines, such as Rolling Stone and Wondering Sound.
Facts about Charles Aaron
- In Feb 1999, Charles Aaron was widely speculated to be the alleged author behind “The Rock Critical List”, which appeared online.
- While Aaron denied authorship and there was no credible evidence linking him to authorship, the list was believed to have been written by an insider.
- She has an immense fan following on his social media platforms as well.