Antonio Tiberi is an Italian professional road cyclist born on June 19, 2001, in Rome, Italy. He began cycling at a young age and quickly found success, winning multiple national and international titles as a junior cyclist. In 2019, Tiberi turned professional with the Colpack-Ballan team, and in his debut season, he won the prestigious U23 Liège-Bastogne-Liège race. He continued to show promise in 2020, finishing 5th in the Italian National Road Race Championships.
Tiberi’s breakthrough year came in 2021 when he joined the UCI WorldTeam Trek-Segafredo. In his first race with the team, he won the Italian National Time Trial Championships. Later in the season, he also won a stage at the Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali and finished 2nd in the Giro dell’Appennino.
Tiberi is known for his time trial abilities, which he demonstrated by winning the Italian National Time Trial Championships twice in a row. He is considered one of the most promising young Italian cyclists and is expected to continue to make waves in the professional peloton in the coming years.
Antonio Tiberi Profile
|Real Name||Antonio Tiberi|
|Age (2023)||21 years old|
|Birthday||24 June 2001|
|Birth Place||Frosinone, Italy|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.82 m)|
|Weight||70 Kg (154 lbs)|
|Body Measurements||44-32-37 inches|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Shoe Size||12 (US)|
|Career & Income|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Career||1st Trofeo Città di San Vendemiano (in 2020)|
1st Stage 5 Tour de Hongrie (in 2022)
8th Overall Tour Down Under (in 2023)
7th Overall UAE Tour (in 2023)
Antonio Tiberi And San Marino Tourism Minister’s Cat
- On March 1st, 2023, Italian cyclist Antonio Tiberi was participating in the 3rd stage of the Tour of San Marino, a cycling race in San Marino.
- Tiberi was leading the race and had only 1 km left to the finish line when a stray cat ran onto the road.
- Tiberi couldn’t avoid hitting the cat and lost control of his bike, crashing to the ground.
- Other cyclists were able to avoid the crash and continued the race, leaving Tiberi behind.
- Tiberi suffered minor injuries but was unable to finish the race due to the crash.
- The race was eventually won by Dutch cyclist Tom Dumoulin.
- The incident has sparked a debate about the presence of stray animals on cycling routes and how to prevent such accidents in the future.
- Tiberi himself expressed sympathy for the cat, stating that he is an animal lover and hopes.
- The cat immediately died in the incident.